Welcome to CELA!
UPDATE: REDUCED DUES CONTINUE FOR ANOTHER YEAR!
FOR 2013-2014, ALL DUES ARE JUST $25.00!!!
The Connecticut Employment Lawyers Association is a nonprofit organization comprised of employment law attorneys from around the state who share in a common mission—providing quality representation to employees and vindicating employees' rights.
To that end, CELA's members work collaboratively to:
- Promote and increase public awareness of the rights of individual employees;
- Furnish educational opportunities for attorneys who represent employees;
- Assist lawyers who actively represent employees in employment related disputes by:
- Providing ready access to knowledgeable colleagues;
- Relieving the sense of professional isolation experienced by many employment lawyers who practice in solo or small firms; and
- Promoting social and cultural exchange among attorneys and other interested groups.
- Promote the intellectual and professional interests of attorneys who represent employees;
- Provide the public with accessibility to skilled legal counsel who are well versed and accomplished in the complex area of employment law; and
- Provide educational training and instructional activities for members, the general bar and for the public.
CELA's members are attorneys from throughout Connecticut who devote at least 51% or more of their employment related practice to representing employees. CELA attorneys represent individual employees in all types of employment related matters including, but not limited to, discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, contract disputes, FMLA and related leave of absence issues, unpaid wages, severance agreements and whistleblower claims.
For More Information:
Please visit the JOIN US section of this site or feel free to contact any of our Executive Board members or send an email to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pregnancy Discrimination - Why it may be the Most Difficult Form of Discrimination to Eradicate from the Workplace - Oct 26, 2010 3:10 PM
- Shopping at Wal-Mart: The Savings are Not Worth the Price - Nov 19, 2009 6:06 PM
- REDUCED DUES - Oct 9, 2009 11:11 AM
The information provided by the Connecticut Employment Lawyers Association on this website is intended for general informational and educational purposes only. Employment law is an especially complicated legal area and the facts of a particular situation may readily impact how the law is applied to an individual situation. The information on this website should not be used as a substitute for obtaining legal advice from an experienced Connecticut employment law attorney about an individual situation. If you have specific questions or need legal advice about an employment related dispute, please visit our directory of members.